Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just for Today

Today ...
... maybe I won't eat all that chocolate.
... maybe I will run longer and faster.
... maybe I will write that letter, make that phone call, say hello first.

Today ...
... maybe I will organize my closet and desk.
... maybe I will clean my house from top to bottom.
... maybe I will figure out how to use my new sewing machine.

Today ...
... maybe I will eat Mickey bars and ride rides and see shows.
... maybe I will watch the "Law and Order" marathon from start to finish.
... maybe I will read that stack of magazines.

Today ...
... maybe I will visit with my family.
... maybe I will have lunch with my friends.
... maybe I will start to volunteer somewhere.

Today ...
... maybe I will sit outside and dream.
... maybe I will sift through old pictures and remember.
... maybe I will study something new and learn.

Today I will do something. But it will be today's goal, not this year's. And in 365 days, when I look back, I will see all that I have done and be proud. Not because I accomplished many things, but because I didn't waste one single day.

1 comment:

Steve said...

The best blog ever