Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Miami Half - The Aftermath

"Ouch, ouch, (creak, creak), slow down, you're walking too fast!" That would be me, walking anywhere at this moment. Yes, I finished my twelth half-marathon. I had a decent time of 3:10 (to give you some perspective, the winner of the marathon, twice my distance, had already finished an hour earlier). So maybe wogging 13.1 miles two weeks after wogging 26.2 wasn't the best idea. But apparently 2008 and racing isn't going to be my banner year for good sense.

At any rate, the race wasn't too bad. There were lots of people to observe along the way, interesting sights to see, and pleasant weather for wogging. Tomorrow I will take the day off, then start on Tuesday truly training for my next half in three weeks in Jacksonville. No comments, please.

My goal is to get a little faster each half marathon. Steve says that I said two minutes faster, but I think either he or I were drunk at the time. Wait a minute - we don't drink. Maybe I was just high on life. We'll see what happens.

What is my point for today? I don't have one. Just thought I would exercise my fingers (the few parts of my body that aren't stiff). See you at the races!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

no pics of the aftermath, bummer, disappointment! The gorillas would be sad.