Wednesday, January 9, 2008

That Trip and This One

So here I am again, at the Worlds of Disney. The crowds are about one-third of what they were Christmas week. The holiday decorations are down. The weather is nice and warm. And I am here to wog 26.2 miles. I must be nuts.

Maybe that's what 50 does for you - you believe there are still objectives to accomplish, tasks to complete, and goals to achieve. The difference is at 50, I may not go out with the bold determination of a 20-something, or the growing self-confidence of a 30-something, or even the unwavering determination of a 40-something. I'm going out as a 50-something with the faith that this is something I want to do just for me.

Sunday I plan to wog through all four parks - using every minute of the seven hours allotted. I worry whether I will finish, whether my feet will ever forgive me, and whether there will be enough Tylenol in the state of Florida for the aftermath.

But I'm going after it, to do one more marathon. Fifty is fabulous - just remind me of that Monday morning!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Good luck with the wog... I have a giant bottle of Tylenol about 150 miles south of Disney, if you're up to walking down here to get it :-)