Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 4 - Minnie Marathon Weekend

Here they are, the bling I received from wogging a bit over the weekend, along the roads and walks I love so much. Yesterday we started outside Epcot and wound around World Showcase. Today we started in a parking lot outside Animal Kingdom, wogged 6 miles to Hollywood Studios, then another 3 through the Studios to the Beach Club Resort to the World Showcase and Future Word to finish in an Epcot parking lot.

Today's 15K was not too bad. I remembered to take two Tylenol before the start, so I felt no pain. Maribeth, fresh off her 5K finish yesterday, decided she could do this race today (yesterday's 3 miles was the longest she had done in years), and kept us at a steady 15-minute pace. We posed for some hilarious (or so we thought) photos along the way, and had a good time.

Maribeth was very consistent with her pacing - every mile marker proved that she could keep a 15-minute per mile pace. It is probably the first race that I have every kept such a steady pace. I usually have a 12-minute mile followed by a 17-minute mile, followed by a 14 minute mile, followed by a 20-minute mile, etc. It pretty much personifies my life much of the time - things tend to go fast, then slow, then faster, then slower, and I get really tired. Maybe I would do better just to practice finding that steady pace that is consistent and gets me where I need to go without the exhaustion.

All I have to do is find that pace that is right for me.

No comments: