Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 5 - Minnie Marathon Weekend

How can one weekend have five days? When you spread it out over a Thursday and Monday, that's how!!

Today was our last day at the World, and we certainly used it up. Work had called Marilyn home yesterday, but today Rachel and Lucy went water parking and Studio-ing, Maribeth and Molly went shopping, and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo in Mexico (okay, so I ate a burrito there - at least I tried!). We bought our last-minute goodies in the Earport at the airport, Maribeth got some $$ for giving up her seat for a later flight, and finally everyone returned home to sleep in their own beds.

It was a fun, busy weekend, full of all the things that I like about Disney. I met total strangers who understand Disneyspeak, I saw former fellow cruisers, I observed little (and larger) princesses, I was part of a mob watching fireworks, and just like everyone else, I wore myself out having fun on vacation.

It was a great weekend, but now I am tired and ready for bed and a good night's sleep, if Shaggy the Cat will cooperate (especially since I didn't bring him anything). Besides, I have a cruise to plan for in three weeks! I guess that's the best part of vacations - coming home and remembering only the good times you had. No wonder we can't wait to go on the next one!

No comments: