Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mazatlan

This is a picture of me, diving off the cliff because I can't get any of my lovely photographs to load, and the internet aboard the ship costs like $50 a second, and I know people whose life happiness depends on getting my vacation photos on a daily basis.

Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. Actually, this is a picture of Please Pay The Diver Diving Man who dove off this rock (which is not so high when you see it in person) and then went around asking for money. Asking for money was pretty much what we encountered at every stop today on our tour around Mazatlan. We saw an Indian dancing show, where we could buy a CD of Mazatlan music, known the world over (except obviously in Tennessee). The MC of the show said that all the money from the sale of the CD went to homeless Mazatlan children, but I really don't think so. Since he changed shirts 3 times during the 20 minute show, I think it went to his shirt fund. I would show you pictures, but apparently Blogger does not want me to post them.

At some point during this post and resulting picture-posting frustration, I remembered that I am on vacation. So I have decided that I will lay in my deck chair and ponder other ways of your seeing my pictures. Besides, I think it's time to eat again, and I do have my priorities!

1 comment:

bloglogger said...

Too bad you didn't have enough time to go sightseeing around the city because you seem too displeased of what you saw. First, let's consider the divers. The trick is not about how high they jump from but how shallow the "landing" site is, only 5 to 6 feet. I'm sure you watched the man to wait for an incoming wave to jump safely, then stand up and walk out of the water. And, yes, they ask for tips. That's not an ordinary 9-5 job. Here, at Blogger, you can find hundreds of posts from people who enjoyed their stop at Mazatlan. Maybe you should read their comments and get some ideas of what to do during your next visit. How about that?