Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Top Ten Thoughts About Returning Home From Vacation

1. Sleeping in my own bed with my own sheets and not imagining stories about who may have slept on them (you mean you don't when you sleep in a vacation bed?).

2. Unpacking and thinking, "Now why did I buy that?"

3. Unpacking something and stopping to remember the experience that particular thing represents.

4. Going to the grocery store for all the necessities that disappeared in my absence.

5. Washing the vacation clothes, and sniffing to see if the vacation smell is still there.

6. Looking through the pictures I took, thinking vacation seems so long ago, when I actually just got back yesterday.

7. Catching up with what's going on in the real world (drat - I missed Sex in the City on Oprah!).

8. Wishing I had a vacation to rest up from my vacation.

9. Repeatedly looking at my calendar to view my next scheduled vacation.

10. Trying to reconcile the emotions of being glad I went on vacation, being glad I'm back from vacation, and wishing I was going on vacation!

1 comment:

molly said...

To watch the Oprah clips

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/02/sex-and-the-city-movie-junket/