Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just So You Women Know ...

You have a pretty sweet deal. Dr. Phil dedicated an entire show about women having 30 hours of leisure time each week.

I would like to say for the record that I am not a Dr. Phil fan. His voice alone is enough to drive me crazy. That being said, I still check his preview from time to time - just in case he's got a show worth watching. The other day's topic was about the leisure time study done by some dude.

Of course, the women in the audience were appalled at the idea. They offered all kinds of evidence that their waking (and sleeping) hours were spent caring for their families and homes. But there was one woman agreed with the research dude. Her response was that all the things moms do for their families are by choice - therefore fulfilling the "leisure time" theory. Personally, I define leisure time as when I am doing something strictly for me that requires me to do nothing for anybody else.

I didn't watch the entire show - something else came up. But I guess the the 30 minutes that I did watch Dr. Phil could be considered my "leisure time." Only 29 hours and 30 minutes left!
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley; boot camp and facebook comments; chicken salad sandwich delivery by Molly; sweet note from Anita; phone chat with Marilyn

No comments: