Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Multi-lu-plicity

Sometimes when you're growing up, you wish things were different. If you are one of a group of siblings, you wish you were an only child. If you are an only child, you wish you had siblings. You might wish you were a girl/boy if you are a boy/girl. You might wish you were the oldest or the youngest if you were the youngest or the oldest or the one in the middle. Sometimes you just wished you were different.

Sometimes I wished I had a twin. So, today when Molly was helping me (or actually doing it) photoshop a picture, she also did this one. Here's our story:

These are my quadruplet sisters, Deeanne, Joanne, Sueanne, and me, Luanne. Deeanne and Sueanne work at Disney World (they're the ones on the end). They never got married. They obviously got the growth genes. Joanne is in the blue shirt - she is a veterinarian in Washington, has a husband and five sons, and does triathlons. I'm in the white shirt, and, well, you know all about me. We get together every year at Disney World, because Joanne and I love it, and Deeanne and Sueanne can get us some pretty sweet deals. We do have an older sister, Myrtle, but she lives on a commune in Utah and thinks Disney World is evil.

Okay, so maybe that was a little creepy, but it was fun. It was fun to imagine four of me and the different personalities and lives we could have. It was fun to imagine being someone different but me at the same time. It was fun to be out of my life and in my life in some other way.

In the end, I'm glad to be me in my life. But it's good to know that Deeanne, Joanne, and Sueanne are there - just in case.
_________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Lindley time with Molly and Maribeth; talking yard plans with Matt the Landscaper; chocolate pie and frozen Milky ways with Molly; Maribeth's BSC purchases

No comments: