Saturday, May 22, 2010

Things That Stay the Same

Last night I slept in the house in which I grew up. I slept in my same room, although not in the same bed. The decor was different and my parents were no longer there, but in many ways it was the same home.

Tonight I listened to Carole King and James Taylor perform the same songs I listened to many, many, many years ago. James doesn't have as much hair as he once did, and Carole - well, she looks fabulous. But even though many years have passed since I first heard their songs, they still sound the same as they did then.

So I guess I'm saying that even though things may change on the outside, they still stay the same in the ways they affect our lives. They touch our hearts and remind us of what once was. But they also remind us of the important things that will forever be a part of our lives - the things that really matter.
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Starkville Bagel; drive back to Nashville with Marilyn; Molly's dinner with Molly, Plates, Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, Marilyn, and Steve; James Taylor and Carole King at the Arena; spending last night in my childhood home

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Well said by a Natural Woman!