Friday, November 19, 2010

And That Was My Friday

I thought about skipping butt camp, but I didn't. Instead I went and hopefully worked off the loaded Whitts Barbecue baked potato that I later had for lunch. And the Death by Chocolate covered with chocolate sauce that I had for dessert.

I went to Wal Mart to purchase curtains for Molly's house, carefully checking to make sure each package was the correct length. Well, almost every package, since one out of the four packages was the wrong length. This involved another trip to Wal Mart to return the longer length package and purchase three of the regular size curtains, since I had failed to calculate the width of one of the windows. I ended up with a sideshow at Customer Service when I got to observe Purple Shoe Man and his sidekick Sideways Baseball Cap Dude try to return/exchange a Timex watch which the jewelry department wouldn't take back. Customer Service had some issue having to do with a $50 and/or $75 return limit, to which Purple and Sideways left in a huff after getting Customer Service Lady's name and store number. Sort of made my $10 curtain return rather boring.

I waited at Molly's for the plumber to come and inspect the leaks that the duct dudes told me about yesterday. Plumber came and reported that basically all the pipes under Molly's house were either (a) incorrect, or (b) incorrectly installed, or (c) the incorrect type. Basically, most of them needed to be ripped out, changed, or replaced, which he started on and will return to finish on Tuesday. Glad I bought the $10 curtains and not the $15 ones so I can pay for the new pipes.

The painters were also at Molly's and we attempted to communicate before they left. Unfortunately, they do not speak the good English and I do not speak the good Spanish, so who knows what we communicated to each other. I think they were looking for paint and will return one day to finish. They probably think I want them to walk the dog and do the laundry.

This evening I attempted to put together an Ikea Expedit (the "must have" piece of Ikea that can be used for any and all needs in this world). To put it briefly, it was a pain in the rear. I hate wood dowels, especially since I managed to break several. We also only bought 2 sets of wheels and needed 3, and Ikea is four hours away in Atlanta, so the thing will just have to sit on the floor until we manage to get more wheels. Serves it right for being so uncooperative in the assembly process.

I guess that's about it for today. It's time for bed and I need sleep so I can help Molly tomorrow, like cleaning out her freezer by eating more of that ice cream!
_____________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Last day of butt camp for this session; Wal Mart drama; plumber dude; cleaning up with Molly; Whitts lady; Steve's Bucky's delivery

No comments: