Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Day on the Links

Basically my day was spent in sanctioned eavesdropping. I had to do this by sticking out a fuzzy microphone without getting in the camera shot and not getting in the golfer's way. The hope is to get some sparkling golf conversation or nuggets of wisdom, but mostly I just got jibber-jabber.

I tried to look like I knew what I was doing, but I don't think I succeeded there, either. They ran out of women's shirts when they were giving them out, so I got two XL men's shirts, which look more like men's shirt dresses - and long-sleeved ones at that, since the sleeves go past my elbows. I probably look more like a homeless volunteer.

Anyhoo, my radio went out on 17, which meant I had to go back to HQ. I got to see an alligator by the side of a lagoon, but didn't get a ride back from Old Dude Golf Cart Driver, because he had to wait for somebody. Luckily, I got ride on another cart and my day was done (as were my feet).

Tomorrow it will be more of the same, hopefully with the same good results, those being (a) not getting yelled at by the golfers/caddies/Golf Channel people, (b) not getting arrested by the fashion police, and (c) not getting ett by an alligator. On to Saturday!
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: fellow Golf Channel volunteers; chatting with folks on the buses; alligator on the course; dinner with George and Steve; clean clothes

No comments: