Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday, November 1

I always love Mondays that are also the first day of a new month. It just seems like a day to start new projects and change bad habits. And so it is with me ... again. Once again I am going to try to get this weight loss/eating better/getting in shape thing going.

I've bought a new scale, joined (actually rejoined) Weight Watchers Online, and ordered some necessary materials. I'm hoping that this go-round actually makes a difference and my life gets in order, once and for all.

I decided to get a little inspiration, too. While I was at Target today, I came across the Halloween piggy banks - 50% off. I decided to get this little guy. He sits on my kitchen counter. My idea is that when I eat the right thing, or don't eat the wrong thing, I'll feed this little piggy some cold hard cash. For every pound I lose, Punkin Pig will get fed. It will be my reminder, my focal point, my symbol of better things.

Ultimately I have two goals. One is to weigh 142 pounds - the goal suggested by Weight Watchers. The other is to jog a half-marathon in under two hours, thirty minutes. At this point, both goals seem redonkulous. But maybe this time I will get it together and achieve both goals.

When I do, this little punkin piglet will do as all magical pumpkins do - change into something fabulous. I know exactly what it will be - you'll just have to wait to see.

___________________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Monday butt camp; picking up Lindley at day care

No comments: