Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dear Mike,

Sorry, but our four day affair is over. I must give you up and return to my family.

Sure, we had fun. We met some pro golfers. We tried to learn their deepest darkest secrets. We tried to learn the secrets of their golfing success. We learned words that we didn't even understand. But our learning days are over.

Sure, we were a team. Wherever you were, I was there. Whatever you heard, I heard, too. You seemed like an extension of my own arm. Without my support, you would have fallen. And without you, I would have had no purpose for the past four days. But now our team must disband.

By next week, we will be history. You will team up with someone new and learn new things. I will hold other things and wonder why I hear nothing through them. We will go our separate ways. But we will always have our four days at the golf tournament at Disney.

Good luck Mike, and may the next hand that holds you be clean and germ-free.
___________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Day 4 of golf tourney, nice golfers, beautiful day, and saying goodbye to volunteer friends; yummy lunch spread; Epcot shopping; chicken dinner at Downtown Disney

No comments: