Friday, March 25, 2011

Hitting the Right Button

This week I attended all five days of boot camp. Every night before I went to bed, I told myself that if I overslept the next morning, then I would be okay with skipping boot camp for that day. But I never overslept. One day I had about five minutes to get dressed and out the door, but I made it. I wondered every day if I would make it through the session and still maintain a heartbeat by the end, but each day I not only maintained a heartbeat, but possibly improved my overall health.

I also started back trying to eat responsibly. I logged back in to Sparkpeople, and dutifully recorded what I ate, even though most days what I ate was not so responsible. I considered fudging what I ate and recording something like fruit and vegetables, but instead I owned up to my ill-chosen meals (well, for the most part). While it wasn't exactly a report to be proud of, at least it was a reporting.

I finally got back to the swimming pool and swam a few laps. So what if it was only on one day, and it was only for 20 minutes. At least it was 20 minutes longer than I've done in a year.

I guess what I'm saying is that this week I've hit the Restart button. Here's to hoping that I keep it going.
========================================================================
Today's blessings: Friday butt camp; rolling change and Baha Burrito with Molly; bank teller error in my favor; delicious mocha frap from Starbucks

No comments: