Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dreaming

Tonight I watched the movie"Tangled." One of the best parts is when Rapunzel finally gets to the place she wants to be, yet wonders this:

Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.

I know how she feels. I've had a lot dreams as a little girl, a college student, a newlywed, a mom, a teacher, and just at any time in my life. Some dreams have come true and some haven't. Some have been broken and some are still out there, somewhere in the future. Some dreams didn't come out as I expected or hoped, and some went far beyond what I dreamed in the first place.

I guess at my age, I have to wonder if I can still dream. I have to wonder if dreaming is for the young, or the idealistic, or those not mired in reality. Is it too late to really dream, and dream big?

Maybe it's time to start dreaming again. After all, life's not over yet, and there are still many big dreams still out there to be found. Dream on, friends!

********************************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Sleeping in a tiny bit; birthday dinner by Molly with Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, Steve, Maribeth, and Molly; homemade pimento cheese sandwich

No comments: