Saturday, August 13, 2011

So I Went To The Movies ...

... to see "30 Minutes or Less." I went with Steve, Maribeth, and Sam. I knew it was supposed to be a comedy. And there were funny parts. I guess I liked it as much as I liked "The Hangover," which would be - not a whole lot. I think this review from Rotten Tomatoes says it best:
"It's sporadically funny and it benefits from a talented cast, but 30 Minutes or Less suffers from a disjointed narrative, and too often mistakes crude gags for true lowbrow humor."
I'm planning to see "The Help" tomorrow afternoon. Somehow, I don't think tonight's audience will be there for that one (particularly the lady who sat behind me tonight and howled with laughter throughout the entire movie).

Oh well - I watched "Pollyanna" on television earlier this afternoon. Guess everything on the movie front got pretty much balanced out ...
****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: two miles in the hood with Molly; McAllister lunch with Molly and Maribeth; Logan's dinner with Steve and Maribeth; movie with Sam, Steve, and Maribeth

No comments: