Friday, August 19, 2011

This Is Why I Don't Have A Paying Job

Today started with Friday butt camp. After yesterday's stair waddle, one would think I had no leg muscles left. Apparently Butt Boss doesn't believe that, because he had us running and jumping and fast-footing, and push-upping, and mountain climbering, and other stuff that I don't remember because by that point my oxygen level was low and my brain refused to remember. But we all got through it and said farewell - at least until Monday when we return for more.

I got home in time to change my sweat soggy shirt, eat breakfast, and recover until I volunteered to go help Steve move to the street the branches that he cut at Maribeth's house. Since he cut the bushes pretty much to the ground, there were a lot of branches. But I gotterdun and returned home in time to shower and get ready for my next gig.

I was to go to Molly's house at 10:30 am to wait for the maid service that was coming to clean her house for GDizzle's visit this weeked. Molly had to work and then get the stitches removed from the back of her ear from last week's procedure. She was a little vague about exactly when they would arrive, so I made sure that I got there a little early. I had enough time to put her dirty dishes into the dishwasher and plop down on her couch to watch a little TV when I heard her doorbell ring. Unfortunately I could not get the deadbolt to unlock, so I had to yell through the front door for them to come to the side door. They came in and proceeded to work. Feeling in the way, I went to the deck to assemble the lounge chair she bought a few weeks ago, the deck being in direct sunlight. More sweat ensued. Naturally, I put the wrong legs on the wrong end, and by the time I got it all straightened out, Molly came home. I babysat Molly, who didn't want to hang around while the cleaning ladies were there, so we sat outside until they were finished. Then we drove around for about 30 minutes trying to decide where to eat, and ended up at the place we were going to anyhow.

Eventually I returned to my house and took a nap. Maribeth came over later and I watched the movie "You Again." I liked it - cute and mindless, and there was no bad language or explicit sex acts in it. Score!

So anyhow, that's how my Friday went. I probably should have cleaned the house, or swept out the carport, or gone to the grocery store, but I didn't. I gotta save something for the weekend!
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Working the circuits with Jo at butt camp and chatting it up with Michelle, Tracy, and Gloria; getting all the branches moved at Maribeth's; Baha Burrito with Molly; watching a movie all the way through

No comments: