Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dear White Rhino (aka Steve's Sequoia) ...

I think it's time we spent some time apart. I mean, we've been to Orlando, Florida three times since Labor Day, and just got back from Lynchburg, Virginia. I'm sure you're as worn out as I am. Therefore, I think it's time we let our dogs rest a bit. It's time we stayed home awhile and watched the leaves turn colors and fall to the ground.

Sure, it was great to listen to 6000 episodes of "Friends" as we wound down the miles. It was fun to attempt to scrape off the bug goo at every gas stop. It woke me up as I watched the dollar amount on the gas pump race upwards as the gasoline amount slowly ticked by. I appreciate the snooze time on the passenger door and the way you kept all our belongings inside the car, no matter how much stuff we bought from IKEA in Orlando.

But for now, let's just limit our trips to Kroger and Target - the local ones. Let's let a tank of gas last awhile. In fact, let's just have a day where neither of us leaves the premises. I think we could use a rest.

At least until January, when the Southern sun will be beckoning us again to the Happiest Place on Earth. And probably an IKEA run as well.

I'll bring "The Office" episodes - you bring the gas!!
**************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: safe travels back home for the Graves, Lewis, and Davidson families; taking Jill to the Roanoke airport; sleeping in my own bed

No comments: