Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday/Saturday/Repeat

For the fourth weekend in a row, it's the Friday night before 5K on Saturday morning. The first week was the Warrior Dash with fire jumping and mud pit wading. The second week for the unforgettable Women's 5K with Michelle and my booties at the finish. Last week was Mickey's Halloween 5K through Animal Kingdom with an assortment of family members.

Tomorrow is the Oktoberfest 5K in the Germantown part of Nashville. A few of my butt camp buds are also doing it. The Karens are bringing our pre-race doughnuts and we're meeting up with Gloria on Sam's front porch (which just happens to be a few blocks from the start). As usual, I'll be bringing up the rear, but at least I'll be bringing it up!!

One of these days I'll be in shape, hopefully finishing before they race officials begin taking up the finish line. Until then, I'll just keep wogging along, catching up with my buds at the finish, taking pictures, and making memories.

After all, isn't that what 5Ks are really about?
*************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Last day of butt camp and Josh's send-off; spending the day with Lindley; Steve bringing dinner

No comments: