Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Brain is Numb

I watched too much television tonight. First I watched "Biggest Loser." I dvr it so I can fast forward through the whining and the weekly segment where they make Jennie-O chicken sandwiches and act like it's the most genius thing on earth, except the weeks where they also put them in plastic baggies. I also hate the part where they vote someone off, because host Allison had to review the rules each time someone votes - "Lamar, you have 1 vote. Six votes will get you off the show." "Lamar, you have 2 votes. Six votes will get you off the show. Four more votes and your butt is toast" Really? You mean the rules didn't change in the last sixty seconds? Let me get out my calculator and figure up them numbers. But before I can start punching in the numbers, Allison is back saying, "Lamar, you have 3 votes. Three more votes and your light goes off, because six votes mean you lost." Whew - I was worried that Lamar was still confused about his status.

Next I watched "Property Virgins" or "First Time Homebuyers" or whatever it was. It should be called "I Am Too Stupid To Be Owning Property." The couple buying the real estate tonight were so dumb they probably couldn't even follow Allison's remarks to Lamar. In fact, they would probably be saying the same thing after every vote - "Lamar got another vote. Wonder how many more he needs?" The property couple decided to buy a house because their apartment lease was about to be up - in two months. I think they thought they would just run out and buy a house at KMart and be done with it. They also had a 200-pound dog that drooled a lot. I'm thinking they didn't get their pet deposit back at their apartment. They finally got to close on the house, after Mr. Dufus sat around the lending company for hours, waiting for paperwork. Guess he doesn't own a cell phone. Or the dog ate it.

Finally, I watched "Duggars Vs Birth Control." In case you haven't heard, Mama Duggar is preggers again - with #20. Tonight the Duggars answered a bunch of questions that people apparently want to know. I must have wanted to know too, because I sat and listened to every answer. The most appalling thing I learned is that they do 10 loads of laundry a day. There were lots of more questions and answers, but I was still trying to figure out if Lamar was going home or not.

Anyhow, now my brain is sufficiently asleep so that I can go to bed. Unless I can squeeze in an episode of "Hoarders"!
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Two laps around Maribeth's neighborhood; Steve's safe travel to Florida; picking up Lindley at day care and playing at her house; chicken tortilla soup and goat cheese salad at Molly's house

No comments: