Saturday, November 19, 2011

One and Done

No matter what you say, I know what season it is - the season of whack-a-doodle shopping. You know, Black Friday and all. Molly and Steve are the masters of this phenomenon. I'm the exact opposite, which makes me wonder why in the heck I was in Old Navy with 8 bazillion other people this morning.

Oh wait - Molly said that coats would be 75% off and fleeces were $14. Or $16. Except that fleeces on the website were $7, but you could print out a coupon and get them for that price in the store. But since I did not need/want a coat, and the fleece situation was confusing, again - why was I in the store? Especially since the check-out line was from the register to the back of the store, and the registers weren't all open yet, because the un-needed/wanted coat sale didn't start until noon, and it was 11:45 am, yet I was standing in line with no coat and no fleece - in fact no clothing at all. I was just there as a placeholder. I guess I was there to balance out the two women in front of me in line - with their 97 coats apiece. Their massive coat haul was only trumped by the conversation they were having with their BFF across the store in another check-out line, as each one regaled and tried to one-up the other about not only this coat bonanza, but last year's and the year before that.

All I can surmise is that this was my contribution for the Black Friday madness. Even if they were going to give away coats with a fleece bonus for standing in line, I will not be there. My Black Friday shopping is done, and I saved a fortune - mainly because I did not spend one cent. Sure, I will have to wear my old coat and fleece - if I need a coat or fleece at all. After all, isn't that one of the perks of hot flashes?

*************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Walking 4+ miles and breakfasting with Molly, Karen, and Jo; purchasing 4 milk bottles at yard sale on the walk home; Old Navy and Five Guys with Molly and David; Ragtime with David; Steve's Bubba Burgers for dinner with Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, Molly, Adam, Steve, and David

No comments: