Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Less Disney Day

For the past several days, I have done all things Disney.  I have gone to the parks, watched the fireworks, ridden the rides, and even wogged two races.  Yesterday I celebrated as I watched my future cruise ship sail into New York City.  It's all been Disney-rrific.

Today Disney celebrated "One More Disney Day."  In honor of Leap Year and February's extra day, The Magic Kingdoms at Disney World and Disneyland opened at 6AM this morning and will stay open for 24 hours, until 6AM tomorrow morning.

Since I am already down here, of course the thought that I must be there started percolating in my brain.  My irrational brain cells started yelling about how the first entrants into the park were going to get special Mickey ears.  Plus, there would be all kinds of commemorative "stuff" on sale.  Certainly I must have some of that!  When I woke up at 5AM, all I could think of was, "Should I get on a bus and go?"

Luckily my one remaining sane, rational brain cell kicked in.  It reminded me that today would essentially be no different than any other Disney Day (and I usually have several of those in a calendar year).   I am not that couple who flew down to open the MK at Disney World and will fly to California to close down the MK at Disneyland tomorrow morning.  Nor will I be a part of those who are trying to make a Guinness World Record by riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover for 24 hours straight.  I will not be there at all.  I will not get more stuff that I do not need and I will not partake of the special cupcakes and dance parties in the early hours tomorrow.   

Sometimes you just have to recognize that less is more.  Or maybe enough is enough. I know that may be odd, considering Disney and me, but that's how it was today.

*****************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  filling wish lists at IKEA; Red Lobster dinner with Steve; race pictures

No comments: