Friday, February 10, 2012

Where's The N?

I am in Jacksonville for the 26.2 With Donna National Marathon To Finish Breast Cancer (I'm doing the half).  I've done it every year since the first year, and usually sign up as soon as possible.  Last year was no exception - as soon as I could after finishing the 2011 race, I signed up for 2012.

Earlier this week, I got an email giving race information and my bib number.  A little later I got another email with the same information and a different bib number.  I emailed the race people and asked them about this, and they said to get both bibs and go to the runner relation table at the expo.

And so I did.  In the back of my mind, I thought that maybe I had entered the race twice - except that if I had tried to enter the race a second time, a window would come up on my computer saying I had already entered the race.  I thought maybe the race officials had erroneously messed up my 5K registration, or maybe since I was a streaker (more about that on another day) they had changed my bib number and forgot about the first one.

I didn't have to wait long to find out.  Apparently I HAD entered twice - the first time I had entered my name as Luanne Davidso - no "n".  That's why I could enter the second time (and couldn't find the first registration).  So, I have two bibs and two shirts - one streaker (more about that on another day) and one regular race shirt.  All because I dropped an N.

I'm just thankful I don't have to wog 13.1 miles twice!!

******************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  Maribeth giving us a ride to the airport; short, safe flight to J'ville; lunch with Steve at Bubba Burgers Grille and dinner with Steve at Barbara Jean's; expo swag


No comments: