Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome Home

Okay, so I'm posting this as Saturday, even though it's actually in the wee hours of Sunday.  Here's why:

We decided to return home yesterday (the original plan was to go halfway, spend the night, and get home Sunday).  Apparently one of the souvenirs I was bringing home was the beginnings of cold (this is what happens when my body rejects the notion of going from 90 degree weather to 45 degree weather in just a few hours).  As we were leaving Chattanooga, Steve stopped for gas and I went in the market for some cold meds.  Naturally it was some off-brand (like "Cousin Bubba's Sniffle Go-Away" - compared to Tylenol cold med but obviously was made in the still in the backyard) but apparently it worked, because I promptly passed out cold on the couch while waiting for LiLo (Lindsey Lohan for you oldsters) to host Saturday Night Live (which I haven't managed to stay awake for since the 70s).  Anyhoo, when I awoke this morning (Sunday, not Saturday as per this post), I actually remembered this dream, which is the subject of this post.  Whose moral is, "Kids - Don't Do Drugs."

In my dream, I was taking Molly to the pediatrician and my dog (which I don't have) to the veterinarian.  Molly was a baby, but she wasn't because she was the age she is now - 25.  The unknown, unnamed dog was a big hairy sheepdog variety.  The pediatrician and veterinarian were in the same building.  The dog got in to the veterinarian, the details of which I don't remember.  We (me, Molly, dog) were in the waiting room waiting for the pediatrician, when he came out and said it was our turn. I asked if I could bring the dog in, but he (the doctor) said no because of health regulations.  So I turned and asked some random stranger to watch the dog, which she and her little kid did, after I tied up the dog to the end table.

Next we go to check in with the receptionist, who was asking me questions and I realized she thought I was in to see the pediatrician, which I promptly corrected her on.  Suddenly Molly was back from her appointment and the same receptionist was checking us out and whispered that since Molly had gained weight (which dream Molly told me was fine because it was within her 15-pound permissible weight gain), the doctor had given Molly a prescription - FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA!!!

All this was fine, because then all of a sudden I was at my middle school/high school band directors' house (both are deceased now) watching old movies of band performances with alumni and the band directors' son.  When all of a sudden, two former classmates started to do one of our old routines.  Then all of a sudden I was waiting for the band to march in a Christmas parade.  It seemed that I was going to miss it because somebody (my dad or some such person) said we had to leave.  But then I heard the band and waited and they came marching up.  And then the majorettes started doing a dance with the PE teacher I used to teach with.  And then my high school boyfriend (who apparently is Marshall on "How I Met Your Mother") came out of the band (dressed in regular clothes although the band members were all in uniform) and hugged me and told me how much he loved me.  I in turn told him he was really drunk, which he was.

And then I woke up, realized it was 4:40 (which is 5:40 Florida time and time to get up-ish) and didn't feel the need to return to sleep.

Welcome home.  And buy name brand meds!!

*************************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  safe road trip home; improvements to Maribeth and Mathieu's house; Molly's new haircut; Truitt's dinner with Steve

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I wonder if those meds are FDA approved- I'm thinking NOOOOO! Funny dream though- wonder if you had a little of that "medical marijuana" in your cold meds!

Luanne said...

I don't know if it was marijuana or some of Granny Clampett's elixer!! I did feel inclined to stop at the next far-wooks joint!!