Thursday, July 25, 2013


Finally, sometime around 9am, the worst of it was over.  It seemed that there would be no more of the activity that had kept me up for the past 12 hours.  Now it was time to attempt to regain some sense of humanity.

Of course, I must give a shout-out to all that kept me going during the "seige."  Thank you to Hefty trash bags, the ice maker in my frig, Canada Dry ginger ale, indoor plumbing, Nauzene Chewables (at least you tried), the cold wet bathcloths from my bathroom (an old family remedy for just about anything that ails you), and Maggie Cat and Minnie Cat (who stayed outside the entire time, although not entirely by choice). 

Anyhow, the worst was over, so now it was time to empty the trash, take a shower, and put clean sheets on the bed (Steve was returning today - yes, he was out of town for this stellar event - and who wants to sleep on sickly sheets - certainly not me!).  After managing to get all that done, it was time for a nap.  And maybe a cracker.  And a banana. 

It has been a busy day!
The Good Stuff From Today:  being done with throwing up; Everley time; Molly helping with E, picking up Steve, and bringing ice and ginger ale; putting clean sheets on the bed; swingset people call for MB's house


Denise in PA said...

Very glad to hear you are on the mend! Any idea what might have hit you???

Marilyn said...

another toddler virus?

Luanne said...

I don't know what the root cause of the illness, especially since I know of no one who has admitted to having it. So, if was something that was transmitted to something I touched, not washing the peaches good enough that Steve brought home, something in the homemade gift jam, that virus that's in the news, some freaky-deaky illness that I was gifted, or who knows what. Just hope I don't get it again - my ribs are still sore from my violent "reverberations!"

Denise in PA said...

My husband told me about that virus on the news and I immediately thought of you! Just glad it's over for you!