Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Definition, Please ...

Today my new dining table was delivered.   My nephew agreed to take possession of my former dining table, the Lewis family dining room table  that I was never allowed to touch while growing up.  With a big blank spot where a dining table should go, I finally had the opportunity to pick out a table I wanted.  I wanted a great big oval table so that everyone could grab a chair and eat at the table.  I finally found one and got ten chairs to go with it.

Anyhow, I told Sam, Lynnette, and Maribeth to bring their respective daughters (Mathieu, Steve, and Molly were out of town) for dinner and we would break in the table.  This is where I failed by not defining what "breaking in the table" meant. 

All those invited arrived and the chicken casserole I made was put out for everyone to help themselves.  I was feeding Everley who was in her high chair in the dining room.  After a few minutes, I noticed no one was in the kitchen anymore.  However, no one was in the dining room, either.  I got up to find everyone and found them in the den, our usual place of eating during our dining table drought.

I corrected my error and taught them what "breaking in the table" meant.  They all came to the table and we finished our meal there.  The new dining table is hereby broken in.  Now I'm wondering what else I have failed to teach my kids?
**************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  my new dining table was delivered and the delivery dudes were really nice for that delivery and the subsequent one to Maribeth's house; I got to spend time with Everley and Lindley; I got a few errands and tasks completed

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

LOVE the table! Where did you end up finding it? Have a fun trip!