Sunday, August 25, 2013

One Day Later

Your birthday should be happy and fun and free of stress.  You shouldn't have to worry about your age or your looks or your anything.  You should just celebrate being alive and being you.  However, eventually the sun sets and the the sun rises and there you are - firmly entrenched into your new age.

Today I have been thinking and wondering if I should be making some goals and plans for my 56th year.  Then I laugh at myself because I know that it's not "the making" of the goals and plans - it's the following through and working on those goals and plans.  In other words, I would probably make the same goals that I've every year since forever.  The question is whether or not this is the year that I actually accomplish anything.

Sometimes when you hit a "six" year, you might think about that slide into the next decade of life.  Suddenly that decade seems so old compared to your current decade.  And in the heart, you really know how quickly those years are going to fly by when suddenly you're 30 or 40 or 50, or - yes - 60.  You cannot believe that you are that close to being that age, and if you're me, you cannot believe that you still have not accomplished those simple goals and resolutions that you renew every birthday.  And New Year's Day.  And the first of the month.  And every Monday.

And so you (and I'm talking about me, I just like to pretend that you and share might share this characteristic) declare that once again, this WILL be the year that change is made.  And secretly, in your heart, you really believe it. 

So the question is, on this first day of my newly birthed 56th year, will this be THE YEAR? 

I just think it might be!!
********************************************************************************
Today was great because:  KB, Molly, Sharon, and I managed to get in a few training miles before we caved in and quit; I got my scraggly toenails fixed up pretty again; CPK with most of the family for lunch; Lindley and Everley time; going to Sonic for a Charity chat

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

You can do it!!! (And, I should do it too o:) )