Sunday, April 27, 2014

Insights From Yesterday's Race

1.  I probably should train more.  And better.  And smarter.  And on a regular basis.  And not decide to go out to breakfast instead.

2.  Warm weather is not my kind of race weather.  Of course in February when it was freezing during the Hot Chocolate 15K, I said that cold weather was not my kind of race weather.  I wonder what kind of race weather is my kind of race weather ...

3.  Half marathons are infinitely better than full marathons.  Especially when I have a choice between the two.  Of course, there was a 5K that could have been chosen instead of yesterday's half marathon.  I said I was smart - I didn't say I was a genius.

4.  Your bestest pals don't ask your finish time.  They just ask to see your finisher medal so they can ooh and ahh over it.  It's probably because they know that would burst out laughing if you told them your actual finish time.

5.  Races are like childbirth for many of us.  Once it's over, we forget all the pain and horror and seemingly endless torment that we went through to get that desired outcome.  And before we know it, we're doing it again. 

See you at the start line!!
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  family brunch at the Doik with Molly cooking; Lindley and Everley time; Sarah and Melvin visiting; Starbucks via Molly and MB; Steve's safe travel home

No comments: