Monday, April 7, 2014

Paper or Cyber?

I recently got an offer for "Good Housekeeping" magazine - the print version.  It seemed like a pretty good deal, and I'm thinking about getting it.  I just have to decide if I'm willing to be eco-conscious or not.

I have an iPad.  I also have access to one of the electronic reader devices (obviously I don't use it so I'm not sure what brand thingy it is).  I also have a computer.  So you can see that there are several non-killing-a-tree ways for me to read a magazine.

Maybe I'm old-school.  I like having the feeling of a magazine or book in my hands.  I like being able to tear something out of a magazine if I want to keep it, or go back and forth in a book to keep track of who's who (yes I know you can go back and forth electronically, but it just doesn't seem the same and I think I might get dizzy from spinning the pages back and forth).  I also like being able to fold up a magazine and take it wherever I want (yes, I know I could do that with an electronic devise, but if I drop a magazine down the toilet or in the pool, the loss is not quite as dramatic).  I also just seem to feel some sort of tactile comfort in the pages of a book or magazine.

So, do I order the magazine via print/snail mail or electronic/cyber mail?   According to my coupon, I have 15 days to decide and send back the postcard. 

Even the order procedure is old school ...
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Lindley and Everley time; quick visit at Molly's to pick up food

No comments: