Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Of My Favorite Places - Denial

Why am I there this time?  Because I am "participating" in the Country Music Half Marathon on Saturday.  Let's not even discuss my (lack of) training.  After a race-filled January and February, I decided to take March off.  And sit around and do nothing.  Which filtered into April.  Until now, and the race is Saturday.  Yikes ...

Trying to remember if
we trained for this one ...
Anyhow, the good thing is that I'm doing it with my race buddy KB, who is perfectly content to go as slow as I can go.  Technically, Molly is also doing it with us, but she will be long gone even if she does start the race with us.  Lynnette is doing the race, but she has actually been training, so we won't even mention where she will be during the race.  Back to KB - she has yet to run off and leave me in a race.  She has the same training philosophy as I do.  So she is used to my slow pace.  The bad news?  My slow is pretty dang slow.

The other good news is that there is a four hour time limit on the course.  Which is four hours from the time the last person crosses the start line (which I hope will not be me).  The bad news?  I'm hoping I can get the 13.1 miles finished within that timespan.

Some more good news is that it should be nice weather (meaning no thunderstorms and lightening).  The bad news?  It's going to be warmish, like in the 70s.  Which is warm if you're doing 13.1 slow miles in the sun, untrained, and not exactly in the best of physical condition.

Anyhow, here's to hoping that we finish in four hours without passing out.  We all have our goals ...
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  4 miles in the 'hood with KB; Exp Ev projects started; race expo and bbq dinner with Molly; girl scout shop lady and badges

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

thinking of you and KB walking today! Sending up prayers that you are still vertical at the finish line. <3 ,<3