Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hot or Cold or Whatever

The weather in Nashville this week has been rainy.  Which means it's sort of hot and sort of cool.  Which means you can open your windows but then it gets hot and/or rainy and you have to close them.  Unless someone else has opened up the windows because it was cool in the morning and then went to work and then it got all hot and stuffy in that room and you refuse to close the windows on principle.  Not that I know anybody who did that (or did that and then it rained hard and blew through the open windows).  But I digress ...

The real issue is the air conditioning.  Because if it's hot, I want it on.  And if it's cool enough for the windows open, I want it off so the nice cool breeze can waft through the house.  And I am also a cheapskate who wants to save on the ac bill.  I know - first world problem.  And if I didn't have enough to think about on this situation, it's the realization that I am fussing about air conditioning when there are people in this world who didn't eat today.

I guess I just have to realize that most of life isn't hot or cold.  It's a little of everything thrown in together.  It's the good stuff and the bad stuff and the stuff in between.  It's the rain blowing in the window and the cool breeze blowing in the same window.  It's all AND nothing and bits of everything.

In other words, wherever I am, there I am.  In whatever circumstance, I'm there.  I just have to stop and close my eyes and experience it.  I can close the windows or turn up the air or get a bite to eat.  And as long as I'm on this earth, I am blessed to do it, whether it's hot or cold or whatever.  It is what it is, and most of the time it's pretty darn good.
******************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Taking to and picking up Everley from school; seeing Lindley and Lynnette at school; pool time and McDonalds with Everley and Steve; Everley spending the night; three hot miles in the 'hood

No comments: