Monday, June 30, 2014

For Realz

Monday is weigh-in day at Fleet Feet.  After celebrating Marilyn's birthday several days this week and a weekend in Columbus eating pretty much anything and everything, I knew it wasn't going to be good.  I weighed on my scales and was faced with the awful truth - a significant gain of poundage.

So, I had a choice.  I could just quit the whole thing, not weigh in ever again, and just give up.  Again.  But instead, I decided to face the music and go ahead and do the right thing.  I mean, if I'm ever going to effect some kind of change in my life, I've got to face reality.  Because even though right now reality sorta kinda sucks, maybe one day it sorta kinda won't.

After all, reality is what's real today.  And since today always changes, one day it's gotta be good.
*****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  lazy Monday

No comments: