Monday, June 9, 2014

Reality

The local Fleet Feet stores are doing a "thing" for the summer to get people healthy (and maybe lose weight). The Ms and I joined up.  Basically, it's a "do it yourself but weigh in with us" type program.  There's a Facebook group and support and all that, but basically you have to take control of yourself.  Therein lies my problem ...

Last week was the first week, and since I was in the middle of getting back home (after two weeks of cruise food eating), I had to wait until Tuesday to weigh in.  No surprises there, as I anticipated those dreaded numbers on the scale.  One would think that such an enormous number would inspire one to get with the program and get busy.  One should really not waste her time thinking ...

Fast forward to this week.  Weigh-ins are on Mondays, and since I am in town, there was no excuse not to weigh in.  Except for the fact that I still haven't gotten with the program and in charge of myself.  And then there's all the leftover cruise candy that I ate ...  Anyhow, I had pretty much decided just to skip it this week. And then the Ms got on my case and told me to weigh in anyway.  Part of the program involves incentives for weighing in (and incentives for losing weight, but ....).  The deadline for weighing in today was 7pm. Finally, after much external and internal debate and prodding, I weighed in at the store.  And I was rewarded pretty much with what I expected - a gain of poundage.

Was I glad I did the deed?  Yes and no.  Will this first week be the fix I need to get myself in gear?  Who knows.  But at least I admitted this is my reality.  I can make it what I want it to be.   And I want it to be better than today's.

*********************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  slow, quiet Monday; actually weighing in; Which Wich for dinner 

No comments: