Sunday, February 22, 2015

Half-Marathon Day!!

It is dark at 5:00am!!
And so it began the same way today - up at 3:30am to be on the bus at 4:00am for the 5:30am start. It wasn't as cold this morning, which meant we didn't have to wrap up in our lovely trash bags. We got to the start and waited around for awhile until it was time to head for our corrals - about a mile's walk away (still haven't figured out why that can't be part of the 13.1). Eventually we found our corrals, waited for the national anthem to be sung, and then waited for our turn to cross the start line.

The race was fun, and I actually did well (for me, anyway) until Mile 8 when my body decided it had had enough (which was a mile further than last week when it had said the same thing). Nevertheless, I managed to keep going, albeit even more slowly (I know, even I didn't know that was possible) and eventually finish the race. Of course Katie and Pam had zoomed on and were done. And probably had already had a shower. And taken a nap. All by the time I was finished. KB and Molly stuck around with me, even though they could have zoomed on. Although it might have been because they didn't want to have to hunt me down with the ambulance people. Anyhow, we got our medals - one for the 10K, one for the half-marathon, and one for the Glass Slipper Challenge (for doing both races). And I got my Perfect Princess ribbon for having done every Princess Half-Marathon since the first one. But you already knew I was a perfect princess, didn't you?!


It was a great weekend, and just to leave you with a laugh, here's why the Rockettes haven't called me. Or possibly anybody else in this photo. This was taken by the official photographers at yesterday's race. We were trying to be cute and do a kick line. At least we were having fun!!

*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: finishing the race and lunch at Wolfgangs with KB and Molly; gift cards from Nancy; safe, smooth ride home (with an empty middle seat); sleeping in my own bed

No comments: