Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just Another Day of Dumping and Cleaning

Today I went to the city dump to drop off some cabinets that I had removed from my laundry room. There was a part of me that thought that maybe I would keep the cabinets just in case I might need them in the future. But most of me said to just take them to the dump and get rid of them. I have enough stuff sitting around waiting to maybe be used someday (which probably would be never). So off I went to the dump to leave them.

Once I got there, I drove around looking for the correct place in which to leave my items. I had stopped and was about to pull the cabinets out of the car when a dump dude stopped and inquired as to the contents I was dumping. He then informed me that I was in the "metals" area and then he instructed me to another area. Once I got there, he unloaded my stuff into a nearby dumpster. This was one of those situations where I wondered if I was supposed to tip him - I didn't, unless you count the case of Propel water I gave him.

Anyhow, other than dumping stuff out, it's been a pretty quiet day. Except that I did get the sunroom sort of cleared out and cleaned up. The only problem was that I didn't have any Mr. Clean to mop the floor, so I poured a half-empty bottle of Windex into the mop bucket to clean the floor. I'm not sure how effective it was in cleaning the floor, but it sure smelled good in there. And as of a few hours ago, it still hadn't dried. But there were no streaks!
***************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Everley sleepover, watching "Chicken Little", and ride to school; trip to the dump and dump helper dude; getting the sunroom back in order; airport run to pick up Steve

No comments: