Thursday, February 19, 2015

Welcome To Sunny Florida!!

Sunny, yes. Warm, not so much. But it's going to warm up - or so they say ...

This morning Sam got me to the airport in plenty of time. I haven't flown out/in/through the Atlanta airport in a very long time (if ever). I walk into the Southwest ticketing area and head for security - hooray for TSA Pre-Check! Anyhow, once I got through security I looked to see where to go next. Did I know my gate? Of course not. So I had to find a departure display board to find that out (after wandering around trying to figure out why Delta was everywhere and not Southwest).

That's Disney World down there - see the MK?
I got my gate number and discovered it was at the C Concourse. And where was that? Oh - down this escalator. To get on the subway. To travel several more stops to get to C. And there I found the Southwest area. I still had plenty of time before departure so I chatted with a group of three ladies (one little girl lady) who were also going for the Princess Weekend. Eventually we boarded our plane and soon after an uneventful flight (unless you count the rocking in the wind as we landed) we were in Orlando.

I got the rental car and headed to the expo, picking up my race stuff. Then I checked in at the resort, but of course our room wasn't ready. So I had some lunch before heading back to the airport to pick up Marilyn. We picked up a few groceries and went back to the resort (our room was ready by now) and put stuff away. Katie and Nancy arrived at the resort (they're staying with us in our 3-bedroom) and then my friends from my Starkville olden days, Pam and Gregg, arrived (they're staying in their own studio room). Marilyn, Pam, Gregg, and I went to the expo to pick up their bibs (it's Pam's first Disney race) and then Pam and Gregg headed to Epcot while Marilyn and I ate dinner at ESPN.

The only thing left for today was to wait for Molly and Karen to arrive at the airport. So, Marilyn and I found something to do - at Krispy Kreme. And that's all I need to say about that ...

Eventually Molly and Karen arrived and we picked them up and we all ended up at the resort. Where we all eventually went to bed.

The gang's all here - let the fun begin!!

*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: fun at the ATL airport; safe, smooth ride to MCO; chatting with the Princess ladies; nice car rental lady; getting my race stuff at the expo; lunch at Bongos; airport pickups: KK donut fun and the clerk; fun with Pam and Gregg and Nancy and Katie; Katie getting Starbucks Disney mugs

No comments: