Monday, December 3, 2007

A Cold on a Cold Day

Today I have a cold. Or allergies. My right eye continues to water, and I am sneezing. My nose is dripping and my sinuses are rolling. In short, I feel yicky.

So I wondered what could be good about a day like today? I thought and have decided on the following seven reasons:

1. There's nothing like a sick/cold nap. You sleep the slumber of hibernating bears. Of course, a little cold medicine helps that along.

2. You have a legitimate reason for laying around on the couch watching mindless tv. It may even hasten your recovery, once you see some of the junk that is on daytime tv.

3. You may be able to cajole people into bringing you drinks from Sonic and other favorite haunts.

4. You also have a legitimate reason for staying in your pjs and not sprucing up - but don't let it get out that you're sick - you may have company.

5. It's a great day to watch that DVD you've been meaning to watch.

6. At this time of the year, uninterrupted Internet Christmas Shopping.

7. You can stay in the bed - that way, you don't have to make it up.

I would list more, but it's time for another nap/to open a new box of Kleenex/blow my nose/wipe my eyes/take some more pharmaceuticals. Besides, I think a new Lifetime movie is about to start!

No comments: