Monday, December 17, 2007

Whose Flashlight?

While out walking today, I found a really nice mini-flashlight. It was just lying on the ground by the side of the road. I picked it up to take it with me, then had a second thought. What if someone lost it, and walked this way again, hoping to find it? Should I leave it? Should I take it so that it wouldn't be ruined? Should I leave it and let it be someone's lucky day? Should I go around, asking if it belonged to anyone?

I picked it up and brought it home. I'm not sure what I will do with it. I'm not going to keep it, but hopefully find the right place for it. I finally decided that a utility-bill reader probably dropped it out of his/her pocket, and wouldn't have a clue as to where to look for it. I was destined to find it and pick it up. Now all I have to do is discover the next step in this flashlight's story.

2 comments:

Sam Davidson said...

Give it to Granddaddy.

Marilyn said...

wrap it up in a pretty package and give it to someone "in the dark" on Christmas Eve night (maybe Santa looking for Rudolph?)