Thursday, December 6, 2007

From A One-Channel World to a HTML Universe

Over lunch last Sunday, Molly, Lynnette and I compared notes as to "I don't remember life without ..." Of course, my "dark ages" tales topped the two youngsters - no color tv, no remote control, one house phone, etc.

I bring that up today because I wonder how I wasted my time before Internet silliness. In reading a new blog today, I came across the site "Find Your Peculiar Aristocratic Title." I spent way too much time choosing my title. But it certainly entertained me for a while.

Because of the Internet, I have also seen a piano-playing cat, viewed the picture of the day, and learned everything about anything (sort of). Just in case I get bored with those, there are limitless other sites to find and investigate.

I guess surfing the net is preferable to watching the modern equivalent of Luke and Laura or Montel/Jerry Springer/Divorce Court - or is it?

3 comments:

Kat said...

You have a Disney guest room? I suppose this should not surprise me... would LOVE to see pictures!!

Luanne said...

Stay tuned - we are currently refurbishing - just be prepared!

Kat said...

I can't wait! Maybe I'll get some good ideas for the Disney Princess room I'm working on for Rachel. Too bad I have to wait for Santa to show up before she'll get all the curtains and bedding....