Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Big Picture

I just got back from seeing the "Beauty and The Beast" touring stage show. It's a favorite of mine, both the play and the animated movie. I like the extra songs that the play has, but I also like the imagery that only animation creates.

Tonight was a great performance, although it wasn't my favorite performance. In an effort to "freshen up" the play, creative minds have made a few minor changes, probably noticeable to nobody except me. The staging was a little bit different and the costumes seemed a bit underwhelming. The actors had great singing voices, but their portrayals of the lead characters seemed unconvincing. With all that being said, I still enjoyed the play. The story was the same, and they lived happily ever after at the end.

I guess that's one way to see things - that it's the story, not the little details, that makes life meaningful.
_________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: picking up Lindley at day care; TPAC with Steve, Lynnette, and Molly

No comments: