Monday, June 21, 2010

Mozzarepa

During my recent trip to NYC, Molly and I walked through a street fair. She had a skewer of meat chunks, and I had some sort of cornbread with mozzarella cheese melted in the middle. Mine was delicious and Molly got the meat sweats from hers.

I figured it would be one of those culinary treats that I would rarely have - until I started google-ing tonight. As it turns out, the treat is called "Mozzarepa" and actually has the possibility of being made - if I can find a willing cook.

If I can't find that cook (like someone who is having her entire kitchen remodeled), then I guess I'll just have to go find this guy in The Big Apple!!
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: making it through boot camp after nearly a week off; taking over Molly's desk and file cabinet for my room; chasing Rambo with Roger; construction discussion with Roger, Jason, Christian, and later, Molly; Steve's burgers on the grill; picking up Lindley at day care; afternoon Starbucks run

2 comments:

Kat said...

Here in Florida we just call them Arepas. Craig's brother has a food concession business that got it's start with them (www.universalconcessionsinc.com -- seriously!). Before the girls, I was Soth Florida's best arepa salesperson at weekend concerts. I can get them for you by the case :-)

Luanne said...

I should have guessed that a connoisseur of Little Debbie would have the hookup to even better stuff!!!