Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Maybe I Should Just Eat Some Words

I'm trying a new diet. It works great during the day, until I get to the meal I'm supposed to eat that's healthy and reasonable. Instead, I lose all reason and eat crazy. But I'm not discouraged. It's a work in progress, and because my eating habits have been so out of control, I know it will take some time. So, while I work on it, I just thought I'd remind myself of a few thoughts on dieting:

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen

It's okay to be fat. So you're fat. Just be fat and shut up about it. ~Roseanne Barr

I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days. ~Totie Fields

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown

You can't lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut. ~Author Unknown

I think I just ate my willpower. ~Author Unknown

When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber

So there - just a few funny things to think about while I think about trying again tomorrow.
_________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley and walking 5 miles and shopping

No comments: