Monday, March 4, 2013

A Nashville Spring Day

 I can't say that I was totally onboard for this morning's walk.  Having not done any kind of real training/workouts/exercise in such a long time, I was thinking about all the reasons I could put it off another day.  But somehow I managed to get my rear out the door.  All I really wanted to do was start - just get out the door and do two miles.  Just.  Get.  Started.

And I did.  I didn't try to jog any of it.  I just put one foot in front of the other and kept going.  It was slow going, but it got done.  It was a little chilly, but it was a beautiful day.  Along with meeting my goal of getting in two miles, I was rewarded with a few extra treats.  It was if God was telling me how much I miss by not doing that which I know I need to do.

The ducks were out enjoying the water.
The daffodils were out waiting for the sun.
*********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  two miles in the 'hood with the daffodils and the ducks; completing a few errands; Mary becoming an Honorary Member of Udderly Pink; Lindley and Everley time; pizza with Maribeth, Mathieu, and Lynnette; Steve's safe travel home

No comments: