Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hope

Some people I know have had some bad health news lately. One has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is currently recovering from surgery and beginning chemotherapy and radiation.  Another one will be going for tests to see if her leukemia has come back after being in remission.  It's been quite sobering and sad for me as I read their health reports.

But the amazing thing is that even as they ask for prayers, their spirits and words are upbeat and positive.  Each one is thankful to God and is optimistic in her outlook for her future.  It's not that they are not cognizant of their individual prognoses - it's the fact that while they are aware of what's ahead of them, they rest and are confident in the knowledge that God loves them and is in control of all that they will face.  In a world that is scary and uncertain, they can look ahead with hope because of the love of their Creator that surrounds them.

So when I find myself sad and depressed about their plight, I have to stop and consider the source.  I have to think about those at the center of my sadness and realize that if they're looking ahead with hope, then so should I.  I will pray and send good thoughts their way, because they show me truly what life is all about - belief in the love of God who truly only wants the best for His children.
************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  meeting lawn dudes; progress on Mathieu's garage; babysitting Lindley at her house

No comments: