Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daylight Savings Time

Last night I apparently lost an hour of sleep.  Since at my age I need all the sleep I can get, losing an hour involuntarily does not suit me.  However, in the long run of things, maybe just an hour isn't such a big deal.  For example ...

  • Lindley turned three in January, which is weird since it seems she was just born yesterday.  I remember it well because I was at boot camp when Sam tried to call me and tell me the news.
  • Everley will be one in a few weeks, which is weird since it seems she was also just born yesterday.  I remember it well because I was at breakfast with KB when I got the text that Maribeth was in labor.
  • My eldest, Sam, will be 33 this year, which is weird because I only feel like I should be in my forties, which makes it sort of hard to have such an old child.  How did he get to be nearly as old as I think I should be?
  • I went on my first Disney cruise in 2000, which seems like just a little while ago.  But it's been 13 years ago, and I've taken a few more Disney cruises since then, although we really needn't get into how many cruises there have been.  Since 2000 doesn't seem so long ago, I don't see how I could have been on so many cruises in that short period of time.
  • This year I will have been married 36 years, which is a long time for someone who thinks she's as young as I think I should be.
So, you can see why this whole daylights savings time has me a bit bumfuzzled.  Apparently all those hours lost have added up into quite a few years of  speeded-up lost years.  And what's really amazing is that it has happened to me - at my young age!!
****************************************************************
The Good News for Today: beautiful day for safe road trip back home; Udderly Pink meeting; superb 3-Day video by Sharon; happy news from the North

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good News Indeed!

Denise in PA said...

I, too, am still missing that hour. I have been whining about it since Sunday. How about this...my first Disney Cruise was in 2000 also - wonder if we were on at the same time????