Saturday, March 23, 2013

Friends Don't Tempt Friends With Fine-Looking Food

It seems that lately that my friends on facebook have been posting pictures of delicious-looking food which also has the recipe attached.  Of course none of the food is from WW, nor do the recipes list how many year's worth of points a single bite may be.  Most of them seem to have a lot of cheese and bread and ingredients that go with cheese and bread.

The one thing that saves me from point-laden danger is the fact that I don't like to (and rarely do) cook new things.  In fact, I don't even bother reading these recipes, because I figure they involve more than five ingredients, which is about three ingredients over my ingredient limit.  So one would think I would be safe from my well-meaning fb friends who tempt me with these savory food pictures.

As usual, one would be wrong.  Because (a) I don't have the pictured food, (b) I don't intend to cook the offending food, and (c) I still want the offending food, I usually go in search of something to placate myself for the food deprivation that I believe I am experiencing.  Tonight I had a Nutty Buddy in place of preparing/consuming Tater Tot Crock Pot Casserole (okay, so maybe it looked better than it might have tasted).  Anyhow, that's what happened.

So in the end I was still influenced by my friends, the pretty-food-pushers.  It's just funny how I am not influenced by those friends posting about exercising and the like!!
*************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Lindley and Everley time; Steve's safe travel back home; laundry done and put away; May travel changes complete via Steve; Sam picking up burritos for lunch

No comments: