Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

So today was the first day of spring.  It was pretty much a typical spring day in Nashville - started out cool, then warmed up, then cooled down quickly with maybe a snowflake or two - all in the expanse of the daylight hours.

I like spring.  I like the new spurts of growth and the buds and blooms on the plants and trees (even though my sinuses are not as excited).  I like the sunny, cold days.  I like the idea of rebirth after the winter when things are dormant and tucked away.  I especially like the idea that there's still time to get myself in gear before swimsuit season.

I'm glad it's spring, even though I can hardly believe that winter's over.  Time just keeps clipping along at a pace that sometimes seems too quick.  Spring - what a great time to learn to really stop and smell the flowers along the way!

**************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Micaela joining the Udderly Pink team as a medical crew member; Udderly Pink donations; babysitting Everley; Mathieu bring lunch; Molly's trees trimmed; lawn dudes cleaning up flower beds and trimming shrubs; safe travel for Sam, Lindley, and Steve to GDiz's

No comments: