Monday, June 17, 2013

Commentators

I'm not exactly what you would call a "sports fanatic."  I do enjoy watching some sports in person or on television.  But that's just it - I like watching the sport - not listening to the dudes (or dudettes) in the booth offering their observations on what's going on.  I especially do not like listening to the older dudes who like to bring in stories of their "glory days" which, after listening to their stories, weren't really all that glorious.

I bring that up because tonight, as I watch Mississippi State play baseball in the College World Series, it dawned on me how interesting it would be if I had a commentator giving a play-by-play on my daily life and activities.  Would it go something like this?

Jackie Joe:  I see Luanne has managed to hoist her butt off the couch during a commercial break while watching "Law and Order."  I believe that would be Season 4, Episode 7, wouldn't you say Billy Bob?

Billy Bob:  Yes, I believe you're right.  Jack McCoy vs that drug dealer.  Luanne is headed for the kitchen.  I'm thinking a glass of chocolate milk - how about you, Jackie?

Jackie Joe:  No, Bill.  She had some ice cream just after Mr. Big busted down the drug dealer's door.  She'll go for something salty now.  And there she goes!!  Ritz Bits!  That reminds me of the time I ate some crackers ....

The bigger question is, if I did have somebody announcing my every move, would that make me more aware of what I was doing, and why I was doing it, and becoming more accountable for what I was doing?  But maybe I do have that announcer - like maybe my conscience?  Hmmm ...  maybe I just need to turn up the volume.
***************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Park workout with KB; Everley time; Steve bringing lunch; cleaning house a tiny bit; Steve's safe but bumpy flight up north; watching MSU play baseball in CWS

No comments: