Sunday, June 23, 2013

One Step At A Time

This should be my life motto.  It seems that every life activity has a beginning, which requires making that first step.  It may be deciding to start something and actually starting it, or deciding to stop doing something and actually say no, or making that conscious effort to move forward rather than just staying put and wishing for forward progress. It just always seems the first step is the hardest, so matter how many steps you know it's going to take to reach your goal. 

Today during our training walk, Bruce took this picture of Moo, KB, Sha-Sha, and me.  I love it not only because of the reference to the Beatles' iconic picture, but because it says so much to me about taking those important steps.  It reminds me that I may have to lead or I may have someone to follow or there may be somebody following me.  It reminds me that I'm really never alone.  It reminds me that sometimes it's important to have supplies along the way to keep me motivated to keep going.  It reminds me that if there's a goal, there's a way to get there - and it always starts with that first step.  But most of all, it reminds me that wherever the road leads, it's a blessing to go there with friends!


*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  4 miles with Udderly Pink; Noshville lunch; safe travel home for Steve; boiled shrimp lunch with most of the family; Maribeth setting up my Kindle Fire; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: